Thursday 4 February 2010

Stories, Tutorials and Handshakes!

So the regular Thursday with a twist.

Thursdays require a swift walk down the Waterloo Road up to Uni, not forgetting to stop off for a 'Red Bull' breakfast. A quick stop at the cafe inside Uni and up to the classroom.

Today was all about Fiction and Non-Fiction and how we can get children more involved in the text by getting the to be interactive whilst they or you read.

12noon and my first personal Tutor Session arrives. It all went well until I found out that my tutor was...yes... a Spurs fan (Sorry couldn't resist this...). Being an Arsenal fan I'm sure we will have some good old chats when we see each other in passing! Anyway, it all went really well and we spoke about the AES and Alan told me that my choices seemed sensible and if I wanted to run anything past him to drop him an email. My pre-course essay to assess my writing skills was good so no problems for me there. All in All a job come good.

So after lunch it was INVESTIGATION TIME. We (Clare, Harri, Ahmedur, Machaela, Andrew and myself) had previously decided to do an investigation into 6 of us and how many handshakes can we do? (explained better here!)

Anyway we set to work, as you can see! Once we got going it was confusing but we put it all down in the tables etc. We then sat down and looked at each other blankly as we all knew that this was the only problem out of the questions we could have picked that had a formula.

FINALLY.... EUREKA!

Andrew got the formula, personally I put it down to the green post it notes. It definitely took the pressure off, so we decided to go for coffee.

So that was it for Thursday. I can honestly see these entries getting lazier as the weeks go on, partly due to not really wanting to sit here going into mass detail and boring you, but also as my tutor Alan said time will become precious soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of visitors to this page